Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

DIY Reading Nook

This idea came to me after purchasing some cheap wholesale "pillow" covers. I say "pillow" because these don't necessarily have pillows in them, some do, most were too small so it may be a pillow wrapped in a cover or just a fluffy blanket folded up inside, as you can probably tell from the lumpy one on the left. Either way they are soft and comfy and they work and that's why it cost me a total of $3.20 to make this. 

I used a rug I already had.

Wrapped a beanbag chair that had seen better days in a fitted sheet. You can do this with just the pillows or any kind of cushion you may have also. I planned on just using pillows but thought I may as well get some use out of the chair.

Arranged some pillows. This was initially supposed to be in a corner which would probably be better for most, but I didn't have one free and didn't want to rearrange everything.

Found an old basket that wasn't being used to fill with some of my sons favorite books.

Its super cozy and makes reading time more fun and takes just minutes and little to no money to create. 


No comments:

Post a Comment